103 +/- Acres of Prime Mini-Farms, Large Country Estates, Home Sites & Investment Land Tracts in Surry County on Devotion Road is Selling Divided, in Combination & in its Entirety at Online Auction, by House Auction Company, North Carolina Land Auctioneers.
Outstanding 103 +/- Acres of Prime Mini-Farms, Large Country Estates, Home Sites & Investment Land Tracts are selling at Public Online Auction, and being offered Divided, In Combination and in its Entirety. Located on the 900 block of Devotion Road in the Thurmond Community of Surry Tract, these FIVE Land Tracts range in size from 2 +/- to 45 Acres. Much of these 103 +/- Acres are mostly open with spectacular trees spend through out the gently rolling topography. Here is a rare opportunity to purchase that perfect Mini-Farm, Large Country Estate and Rural Retreat !!
ONLINE ONLY AUCTION
Bidding Begins November 23, 2022 at 5:00 PM
Bidding ENDS Tuesday, DECEMBER 6th at 4:00 PM
Address: 900 block of Devotion Road, Thurmond, NC 28683
- Prime Large Country Estate Residential Tracts
- Extraordinary Mini-Farm & Horse Farm Opportunities, Recreational and Investment Land Tracts.
- With Excellent Topography and Creeks / Branches
- Convenient Location to Winston-Salem, Mt. Airy, Wilkesboro
Inspection / Preview: At Buyer’s Leisure and Liability during daylight hours.
Parcel ID (PIN): 495600581103
Deed Ref: Deed Book 1410, Page 856
Plat Ref: Plat Map 36, Page 95-96
House Auction Company
Auctioneers & Real Estate Brokers
PO Box 220, Marshallberg, NC 28553
NCAL # 7435 & # 7889
103.3 +/- Total Acres Offered Divided In FIVE Tracts
Address: 900 block of Devotion Road, Thurmond, NC 28683 - Surry County
Bidding Ends Tuesday, DECEMBER 6th, 2022 at 4:00 PM *
TRACT 1: 5.9 +/- Acres Large Country Estate, Cleared-Open Parcel, 900 block of Devotion Road, Thurmond, NC 28683
TRACT 2: 35.4 +/- Extraordinary Mini-Farm & Horse Farm Opportunity, Mostly Open Tract with gentle rolling terrain, 900 block of Devotion Road, Thurmond, NC 28683
TRACT 3: 49.7 +/- Acres of Excellent mostly open land, Excellent Mini-Farm, Horse farm, Ag and Recreational Land, 900 block of Devotion Road, with 40 ft. Deeded Access Easement from Devotion Road
TRACT 4: 10.3 +/- Acres Prime Mini-Farm, Horse Farm, Large Country Estate Opportunity. Mostly open with gentle rolling terrain, 9—block of Devotion Road, Thurmond, NC 28683
TRACT 5: 1.9 +/- Acres, Outstanding Country Estate / Home Site, Nice Open Parcel, 900 block of Devotion Road, Thurmond, NC 28683
*OnLine Bidding is scheduled to END Tuesday, DECEMBER 6, 2022 at 4:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time SUBJECT TO THE “Extend-ALL Bidding Feature” based on bidding activity at the closing, which will cause the bidding period to extend for ALL properties for five minutes whenever a bid is placed on ANY property in the auction in the final five minutes. PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND PARAGRAPH 2 and 3 OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW FOR FURTHER EXPLANATION.
Please read and review the following Auction Terms & Conditions for the Online Auction. When registering to bid in this Auction you are required to acknowledge that you have read and expressly agree to abide by the Auction Terms & Conditions.
BY BIDDING ON THIS AUCTION, BIDDER / BUYER EXPRESSLY AGREES TO ALL TERMS & CONDITIONS SET FORTH AND ENTERS INTO A CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENT TO PURCHASE THE PROPERTY UNDER THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. Purchase and Sale Contract: Each property is offered under the specific terms provided in the Contract for Sale of Real Property (aka Sale Contract). The Sale Contract is available at www.HouseAuctionCompany.com. Click on the “DOCUMENTS” Link located on the Auction Listing Page for each property. Please read and review the contract thoroughly prior to bidding on any property. If you have not read and understand the Sale Contract then Do NOT Bid. A credit card, either Visa or MasterCard is required to register and bid.
2. AUCTION ENDING TIMES: All House Auction Company Online Auctions are timed events with a scheduled closing time, which is subject to extended bidding due to bidding activity at the closing of the Auction. NOTE: House Auction Company Online Auctions have an EXTEND ALL BIDDING feature which will become active in the last 5 minutes of the scheduled bidding period. When a bid is placed on ANY Property in the Auction within 5 minutes of the Auction Ending Time, this will automatically extend the ENTIRE Auction for ALL Properties for an additional 5 minutes. This process will continue until there are NO bids are received on ANY of the Properties in the Auction in the final 5 minutes. House Auction Company (Auctioneer) reserves the right to reduce and/or adjust the auto extension time period.
3. “EXTEND ALL BIDDING FEATURE” Example: If the bidding is originally scheduled to end at 4:00 pm, and ANY property receives a bid at 3:57 pm, then the bidding period for ALL Properties in Auction will automatically extend to 4:05 pm. Once this begins, whenever a bid is placed on ANY Property in the Auction with under 5 (five) minutes remaining, an additional 5 (five) minutes is added to the bidding period for ALL Properties in the Auction. House Auction Company reserves the right to reduce and/or adjust the auto extension time period.
4. TERMS: After the close of the auction, the successful bidder(s) will be emailed the Contract Package (which includes Sale Contract and related sale documents) to be properly and completely executed without modification. Successful bidder(s) shall promptly return the complete executed Sale Contract and related documents to House Auction Company by email or in person at a location designated by Auctioneer within 24 hours of receipt. Successful bidders shall deposit 15% (fifteen percent) of the Contract Purchase Price with House Auction Company in the form of bank cashier check, wire transfer, or guaranteed personal funds within 24 hours of receipt of the contract package. The entirety of the remaining balance is due at closing as stipulated in the Contract for Sale of Real Property. Instructions for wire transfer and /or cashier check transmittal will be sent by e-mail to the successful bidders. Buyers shall be responsible for all wire transfer fees related to their E.M. Deposit through the entire transaction.
5. Buyers Premium: A 10 % Buyers Premium will be added to the bid price to determine the contract purchase price. Buyers Premium Example: Bid Price: $100,000 - Plus 10% Buyers Premium: $10,000 for a Total Contract Purchase Price of $110,000.
6. SALE CONTRACT PACKAGE: Contract Documents will be sent by email to the successful high bidder(s) at the conclusion of the auction. Successful high bidders (Buyers) must properly execute and email the properly executed contract and related sale documents to House Auction Company and submit the earnest money deposit within 24 hours of receipt. Contract documents are required to be fully and correctly executed without modifications. Successful high bidders not executing and returning their contract with earnest money deposit within 24 hours of receipt will be considered in default and subject to an Administrative Fee (as defined below). All Administrative Fees are nonrefundable. NOTE: The Sale Contract example has been posted on our website for prior review by all bidders. If you desire an attorney or any third party to review the Sale Contract on your behalf, the time to conduct that is BEFORE BIDDING, NOT AFTER THE AUCTION.
7. Auction Administrative Fee: In the event a successful bidder fails to submit the properly signed Contract for Sale of Real Property and earnest money deposit as provided in the Terms & Conditions, that successful bidder will be charged an Administrative Fee of $2,500.00 on the credit card provided at auction registration. Additional default remedies are reserved by House Auction Company and the Seller as provided in the Auction Terms & Conditions and the Contract for Sale of Real Property. ALL Administrative Fees are nonrefundable, NO charge-backs allowed. In the event a defaulting bidder attempts to charge back the Administrative Fee charged as a result of their default, that bidder hereby agrees and warrants to pay Auctioneer/Broker the $2,500 fee immediately when served with a small claims court complaint.
8. Bidder Verification: The identity of all bidders will be verified, bidding rights are provisional, and if complete verification is not possible, House Auction Company will reject the registration and bidding activity will be terminated for an unverified bidder. Bidder responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Bidders agree to keep their user name and password strictly confidential, as they are responsible for ANY and ALL activity involving their account.
9. Outbid Notification: Until the auction begins to close, the bidding software will notify bidders by email when they have been outbid. Bidders may also find out if they have been outbid by refreshing the individual parcel / tract information. Due to varying internet connections and speed, sometimes email notifications can be delayed. Registered bidders expressly understand and agree that House Auction Company, MarkNet Alliance and the Seller are not responsible or liable for the failure of any part of the bidding process or internet bidding.
10. Property Information & Inspection: By registering and bidding in this auction, Bidder expressly acknowledges and warrants that they have personally inspected the property, or have arranged for their agent to conduct an inspection of the property, or have waived their right to inspect the property they are bidding on, and further agree to abide by the Terms and Conditions as set forth herein. House Auction Company (Auctioneer) is not responsible for any missing or incorrect information. Descriptions provided by Auctioneer are provided in good faith and are matters of opinion. It is the bidder’s sole responsibility to conduct any inspections to determine the condition of the property and feasibility of bidder’s intended use. By placing a bid, this creates a contractual agreement by the bidder to purchase the property at the high bid price plus Buyers Premium and any additional fees included in the closing of the real property transaction. All properties are subject to prior sale or removal from the auction.
11. INSPECTION / PREVIEW DATES: Walk-on Inspections and Preview are welcomed at Buyer’s Leisure & Liability during daylight hours. For Preview with Broker, please call 252-729-1162 in advance.
12. Title: Seller will convey to the successful Buyer(s) good and marketable title to said properties by Warranty Deed subject only to permitted encumbrances.
13. Bid Confirmation: All Properties are selling subject to Seller’s confirmation.
14. Ad Valorem taxes: Current year Ad Valorem taxes (real property taxes) will be prorated between Seller and Buyer as of the date of closing.
15. Personal Property: This sale excludes ALL personal property located on each respective property, including but not limited to any deer hunting stands located on the properties..
16. Survey: Tracts # 1, # 2, # 3, # 4, and # 5 will be purchased from the Preliminary Sale Map incorporated in the Contract for Sale of Real Property, entitled EXHIBIT “C”, and posted on the Auctioneer’s website. On the Preliminary Sale Maps the distances and acreages are estimated and will be adjusted based on a final survey conducted by the designated surveyor named herein and in accordance with existing subdivision laws. Should Tracts # 1, # 2, # 3, # 4,and # 5 sell divided in any way, a boundary survey will be made by Andrews & Gentry Surveyors, 1467 Hwy 21 S., Sparta, NC 28675, land surveyor registered in the State of North Carolina, to perform a boundary survey of the Property in accordance with the minimum technical requirements for the State of North Carolina and certified in favor of Purchaser and Seller. The Survey shall be subject to Seller’s approval. The surveyor will charge one dollar ($1.00) per linear foot on all exterior lines and fifty cents ($0.50) per linear foot on all common lines between Auction purchasers of adjoining parcels. Division stakes are intended for approximation use only. Actual boundary lines are to be determined by boundary field survey and may vary slightly by field markers. It is understood that the acreage and dimensions of the tracts may vary according to actual final boundary survey. The final purchase price shall be determined by multiplying $ /acre (contract price per acre) by the number of surveyed acres on the final field survey rounded to the nearest one-thousandth of an acre. Division stakes are intended for approximation use only. Actual boundary lines are to be determined by boundary field survey and may vary from field markers. It is understood that the acreage and dimensions of the tracts may vary according to actual survey. All Survey expenses will be paid by the Buyer at closing. For this fee, the surveyor will mark all property corners and provide the Purchaser with a recordable plat. This fee does NOT include the actual openings of the lines. The surveyor will open lines for an additional fee if requested. As used herein, the term “surveyed acreage” means the total gross acreage of the Property without any deduction for any portion thereof located within the bounds of any roadways (except deeded roads), easements or other rights of way, including, without limitation, electric transmission lines or other utility easements. In the event either party defaults under the terms of this Sale Contract, the defaulting party will be responsible for the survey expense. Should the property sell as a whole, in its entirety, the property will be conveyed from existing legal descriptions and no survey will be required.
17. Conservation Easement, Memorandum of Agreement – Special Note: These Tracts are selling subject to the survey of record entitled “CONSERVATION EASEMENT FOR THE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA” recorded at Plat Book 36, Page 95-96, Surry County Registry, and that “MEMORANDUM Of AGREEMENT” recorded at Deed Book 1584, Page 69-76, Surry County Registry. These documents are posted for review in the “DOCUMENTS” section of the Auction Information Page for this auction at www.HouseAuctionCompany.com, and available online from the Surry County Registry, and upon request by calling House Auction Company at 252-729-1162.
18. Closings: Time being of the essence, these sales shall be closed on or before JANUARY 10, 2023, or no later than ten (10) days from receipt by House Auction Company of the final recordable plat, as provided above, whichever occurs later. However, in no event shall this sale be closed later than February 15, 2022 except as provided in the curative title work section of the Contract for Sale of Real Property. All sales of the Land Tracts 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 will be closed at the law office of Emily Barr Andrews Attorney At Law, PLLC, 145 West Main Street, Elkin, NC 28621, phone 336-258-8188. Ms. Andrews will charge the Buyer a closing fee of $675.00 per closing. This fee includes conducting a cash closing, collecting and disbursing the funds, preparing the closing / settlement statements, and recording the deed. This fee does not include the recording fee charged by the Register of Deeds. If the Buyer wants title insurance, processing of any loan package, or other services, Ms. Andrews or any attorney selected by Buyer will provide them for an additional fee. Buyer’s funds required for closing must be transmitted to the closing attorney by bank wire transfer, and any related wire transfer fees paid by the Buyer. The Seller will pay for the preparation of the Warranty Deed, documentary deed stamps and Seller’s prorated share of the Ad Valorem (real property) taxes. The Buyer(s) will pay for all other closing costs associated with this sale, including but not limited to preparation of the Settlement Statement / HUD, State and local recordation fees and taxes, receiving and disbursing the funds, any overnight or regular shipping of documents, and ALL wire transfer fees associated with receiving and/or sending Buyer’s earnest money deposit. Buyer hereby authorizes the closing attorney, the parties’ real estate broker(s) and Buyer’s lender(s) to release and disclose any buyer’s closing disclosure, settlement statement and/or disbursement summary, or any information therein, to the parties to this transaction, their real estate agent(s) and Buyer’s lender(s).
19. Possession: Possession of the property shall be granted to the Buyer at closing. NO EXCEPTIONS.
20. Agency Disclosure: In all transactions, House Auction Company is acting exclusively as agent for the Seller, and not as buyer’s agent. House Auction Company reserves the right to remove or cancel the bids or bidding rights and privileges of any party, deemed not to be in the best interest of the Seller, at any time. At auctions with reserve, the seller and/or auctioneer reserve the right to bid. On all other auctions, auctioneer reserves the right to bid on auctioneer’s behalf when permitted by law.
21. Special Note: These properties are selling subject to (1) easements, rights-of-way, covenants, restrictions, and other matters of record, if any; (2) any easements, rights-of-way, cemeteries or other matters that would be disclosed by an accurate survey or inspection of the Property; (3) Ad valorem taxes for the current year and subsequent years; (4) leases, other easements, other restrictions and encumbrances specified in the Sale Contract, if any, and (5) any local, county, state, or federal laws, ordinances, or regulations relating to zoning, environment, subdivision, occupancy, use, construction, or development of the subject property, including existing violations of said laws, ordinances, or regulations. Tracts 5, 4 and 2 are selling subject to a 40 foot wide non-exclusive deeded access easement for ingress and egress as shown on the Preliminary Sale Map, in favor of Tract 3. Tracts 5 and 4 are selling subject to a 40 foot wide non-exclusive deeded access easement for ingress and egress as shown on the Preliminary Sale Map, in favor of a 10.4+/- acre parcel being conveyed by Seller, that is situated south of and adjoining Parcels identified by PIN 495600572507 and PIN 495600675118.
22. Auctioneer’s Discretion: House Auction Company has full discretion to modify the date and time, order and details of the auction for any reason, including but not limited to technical issues, emergencies, and convenience of House Auction Company or the Seller. We gather aggregate information from the website, which may include but is not limited to: number of page visitors, most visited pages, and any and all correspondence. House Auction Company has the sole authority to resolve any bidding disputes as they may arise. All properties are subject to prior sale or removal from the auction.
23. Bidder Default: Successful Bidder not timely executing and submitting the Sale Contract and the earnest money deposit after the auction under the Terms and Conditions set forth herein, will be considered in default. Such default by the Successful Bidder will result in that Bidder’s liability to both the Seller and House Auction Company. Seller shall have the right to (a) declare this contractual agreement cancelled and recover full damage for its breach, (b) elect to affirm this contractual agreement and enforce it by specific performance; or (c) resell the property either publicly or privately with House Auction Company and in such an event, the Buyer shall be liable for payment of any deficiency realized from the second sale plus all costs, including, but not limited to the holding costs of the property, the expenses of both sales, and all legal and incidental damages of both the Seller and House Auction Company. In addition, House Auction Company reserves the right to recover any damages separately from the breach of the Buyer. Nothing herein shall be considered a waiver of any other rights of Seller and House Auction Company at law or in equity.
24. Server & Software Technical Issues: Server & Software Technical Issues: In the event there are any technical issues related to the server, software or any other online auction related technologies, House Auction Company, MarkNet Alliance and the Seller reserves the right to extend bidding, continue the bidding, or close the bidding. By registering and bidding in this auction each bidder automatically and expressly acknowledges that House Auction Company, the Seller, MarkNet Alliance, and the company providing the software shall NOT be responsible or liable for a missed bid or the failure of the software to function properly for any reason, including but not limited to any communication by the software as to the status of confirmation of the sale. These properties are selling subject to Sellers confirmation, which shall only be communicated directly by Auctioneer/Broker by phone or email. Email notifications may be sent to registered bidders with updated information as deemed necessary by House Auction Company.
25. Broker Participation: A Broker Participation Commission of 1.5% (one percent) of the bid price (hammer price) is available to properly registered brokers whose prospect (bidder) purchases real estate in the auction and closes in full under the Terms of the Auction and the Contract for Sale of Real Property. The Broker Participation Form with complete instructions is available by calling House Auction Company at 252-729-1162 and requesting this Form. It is the Brokers sole responsibility to call and request this Broker Participation Form. Broker must be actively licensed in North Carolina and must register their prospect no less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled closing time of the auction, using the House Auction Company Broker Participation Form and in accordance with the guidelines set forth. House Auction Company and the Seller will not pay any commissions to brokers acting as principles. Please read and review guidelines on the Broker Participation Form.
26. Disputes: This Agreement shall be exclusively construed and governed in accordance with the laws of the State of North Carolina, without regard to its conflict of laws or principles. Any litigation or dispute arising out of this Agreement shall first be mediated before any lawsuit or legal proceeding is filed. The parties shall in good faith agree on a third party neutral mediator. The mediator shall set guidelines. The parties shall in good faith mediate the dispute and divide the cost of said mediator. All mediation shall be conducted in the County of Carteret, North Carolina and shall be subject to the mediation guidelines of the State of North Carolina. If mediation is unsuccessful then all litigation arising out of this agreement shall be adjudicated in a court of competent jurisdiction within the County of Carteret, State of North Carolina. All parties expressly agree to submit to this exclusive venue and hereby expressly waive any grounds for any alternate venue.
27. Disclaimer: House Auction Company and Seller have gathered this information from sources deemed reliable and believe it to be correct to the best of our knowledge. The information is being furnished to bidders for the bidder’s convenience and it is the responsibility of the bidder to determine that information contained herein is accurate and complete. Any reliance on the contents shall be solely at the recipient’s risk. Bidders must conduct and rely solely upon their own investigations and inspections. The property is being sold AS IS, WHERE-IS and with ALL FAULTS and in such condition as the property may be in as of the date of conveyance, without any warranties, representations or guarantees, either expressed or implied, of any kind, nature, type whatsoever from, or on behalf of Seller. Further, the property is being sold subject to (i) all covenants, restrictions and easements of record; (ii) all rights-of-way and easements for street and utilities applicable to the described property; and (iii) all easements or encumbrances apparent from a visual inspection or survey of the described property. Please review all information supplied and seek appropriate assistance prior to bidding. All announcements made by the Auctioneer at the auction shall take precedence over all other previous information.
28. Lead Warning Statement: Every purchaser of any interest in residential real property on which a residential dwelling was built prior to 1978 is notified that such property may present exposure to lead from lead-based paint that may place young children at risk of developing lead poisoning. Lead poisoning in young children may produce permanent neurological damage, including learning disabilities, reduced intelligence quotient, behavioral problems, and impaired memory. Lead poisoning also poses a particular risk to pregnant women. The Seller of any interest in residential real property is required to provide the buyer with any information on lead-based paint hazards from risk assessments or inspections in the Seller’s possession and notify the buyer of any known lead-based paint hazards. A risk assessment or inspection for possible lead-based paint hazards is recommended prior to purchase.
Seller has no knowledge of lead-based paint and/or lead-based hazards in the housing. Seller has no reports of records pertaining to lead-based paint and/or lead-based hazards in the housing. Purchaser acknowledges that he/she has had a ten day inspection period prior to auction to conduct a lead-based paint hazard assessment and further waives the opportunity to conduct a risk assessment or inspection for the presence of lead-based paint and/or lead-based hazards after the auction. NCAL # 7435 & # 7889