The Luecke Collection features thousands of pieces of Jewel food store memorabilia including the extensive collection of Autumn Leaf & other Hall China pieces. Extra care and attention were given to the collection in storing and displaying their pieces. The majority of these lots feature many highly sought-after pieces and Carolyn did a great job in putting them together and how she would buy them.
A message from the seller Carolyn Luecke,
My husband and I started collecting Autumn Leaf in the early 90s. We moved to Trinidad, Colorado in 1991. On a trip to an antique store in Raton, New Mexico we saw a dining room table set for dinner all in Autumn Leaf. Recognizing the pattern as a match to the Ball Jug that was prominently displayed on top of our refrigerator at home, we began researching the history. We slowly started buying pieces as we saw them at auctions and antique stores. In 1996 we learned of the National Autumn Leaf Collectors Club (NALCC) when we went to the Shirley Mae Easley auction in McHenry, Illinois. It was still a couple of years before we joined the club and attended our first national convention in Oklahoma City. Needless to say, we became avid collectors and expanded our horizon to include Jewel Tea Products andeventually salesman’s awards & supplies, other patterns and products sold through the Jewel Tea Company and non-Hall Autumn Leaf patterns.
We also became active in the NALCC. In 2009 we hosted the national convention in Colorado Springs, Colorado. In 2010 I became the Secretary-Treasurer for the club, a position I still hold today. We attended many auctions from 2009-2013 when we were in charge of purchasing the items for the door prize drawings at the national conventions. After my husband passed in 2015, I needed to relocate closer to family. Of course, that included downsizing from five China hutches to one and disposing of the excess collection that was in storage in Colorado. When I moved back to Wisconsin in 2019 our collection went into storage in Illinois in anticipation of having an auction in late 2019 or early 2020. The pandemic threw everything off course
ONLINE ONLY BIDDING
PLEASE READ AND REVIEW THE TERMS THOROUGHLY PRIOR TO BIDDING
IF YOU HAVE NOT READ AND UNDERSTAND THESE TERMS PLEASE DO NOT BID
BY BIDDING ON THIS AUCTION, BUYER AGREES TO ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH AND ENTERS INTO A CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENT TO PURCHASE THE ITEM(S) UNDER THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. CATALOG: Aumann Auctions has put forth every effort in preparing the catalog for this auction to provide accurate descriptions of all items. All lots are sold AS-IS, WHERE-IS, with all faults, imperfections and errors of description. Due diligence is the responsibility of the bidder/buyer. Printed statements or descriptions by staff are provided in good faith and are matters of opinion.
2. PAYMENTS: There is a 10% Buyers Premium added to your total purchase. All sales are final. No credit card charge backs will be allowed. All accounts must be settled at the conclusion of the auction. We accept Cash, Checks, Certified Funds, Visa & MasterCard ONLY. If paying by credit card, you will be charged for your purchases, plus buyers premiums, plus a 5% Credit Card Fee and any applicable taxes. NOTHING will be charged to your card until a purchase is made. Only Pickup bidders may pay by check or cash. Note: Checks may be processed the day of the auction; be sure to have adequate funds in your account. Each transaction necessary to collect insufficient funds will have a $25 fee imposed plus the liability of Default of Buyer below.
3. DEFAULT OF BUYER: Successful bidder not paying for items within 3 days of the date of the auction will be considered in default. Such default by the Successful Bidder will result in that Bidders liability to both the Seller and Aumann Auctions, Inc. Seller shall have the right to (a) declare this contractual agreement cancelled and recover full damage for its breach, (b) to elect to affirm this contractual agreement and enforce its specific performance or (c) Seller can resell the items either publicly or privately with Aumann Auctions, Inc. and in such an event, the Buyer shall be liable for payment of any deficiency realized from the second sale plus all costs, including, but not limited to the holding/transporting/storage costs of the items, the expenses of both sales, legal and incidental damages of both the Seller and Aumann Auctions, Inc.
In addition, Aumann Auctions, Inc. also reserves the right to recover any damages separately from the breach of the Buyer. The purchaser agrees to pay all reasonable attorney fees and costs incurred by Aumann Auctions, Inc. in the collection of funds. The purchaser also agrees that a storage/handling fee of 2% per month be added to the balance of any unpaid balance due Aumann Auctions, Inc. and any other costs or losses incurred by the Buyers failure to adhere to these terms. Any debt collection or dispute proceedings will be litigated or arbitrated in Montgomery County, Illinois at the option of both the Seller and Aumann Auctions, Inc.
Both the Successful Bidder and Seller shall indemnify Aumann Auction, Inc. for and hold harmless Aumann Auctions, Inc. from any costs, losses, liabilities, or expenses, including attorney fees resulting from Aumann Auctions, Inc. being named as a party to any legal action resulting from either Bidders or Sellers failure to fulfill any obligations and undertakings as set forth in this contractual agreement.
4. SHIPPING: The auction company can arrange packing and shipping per your request. Follow the instructions on your invoice. Packing and shipping costs are the responsibility of the Buyer. Due to the fragility of these items, extra packing will be used and could affect your shipping costs due to extra packing supplies. All items will be insured for the purchase price. Our first priority is to deliver your new purchase in excellent condition. We will not ship any chemical or hazardous materials.
5. MISSING ITEMS: We document the contents of each package. Please do not discard the original shipping box and packaging if you think something is missing.
6. PICK-UP ITEMS: All pickups are scheduled in advance. We will work with you on the pickup as space is limited and items are fragile. Its the Buyers responsibility to be certain all items are included before removing boxes from the premises. Items not picked up can incur both a moving and/or storage fee.
BIDDING AND REGISTRATION INFORMATION:
BIDDER VERIFICATION: Bidding rights are provisional, and if identity verification is questionable, Aumann Auctions, Inc. has the right to reject the registration, and bidding activity will be terminated. The Seller and Aumann Auctions, Inc. reserve the right to preclude any person from bidding if there is any question as to the person's credentials, mental fitness, etc. Bidders agree to keep their username and password confidential as they are responsible for ANY and ALL activity involving their account. If the registered bidder's user name is offensive to Aumann Auctions, Inc. or in their sole opinion detrimental to Bidding Activity, then Aumann Auctions, Inc. reserves the right to delete the bidder from bidding or unilaterally change the username with notification to the Bidder. When using the web site you must obey any and all local state and federal laws. Violations will result in termination of web site use privileges.
MAXIMUM BID: When you bid your maximum bid, the current bid price does not automatically advance to your maximum bid. Another bidder has to bid to increase the current price and the computer will automatically bid up to your maximum in the increments specified.
AUCTION END TIMES: Aumann Auctions, Inc. online only auctions are timed events and all bidding will close at specified time. However, our auctions also have what is called an 'Auto Extend' feature. Any bid placed within the final 5 minutes of an auction results in the auction automatically extending 5 additional minutes. The bidding will extend in 5 minute increments from the time the last bid is placed until there are no more bids, and the lot sits idle for 5 minutes. Therefore, the auction will not close until all bidding parties are satisfied and no one can be outbid at the last seconds without having another opportunity to bid again.
TECHNICAL ISSUES: In the event there are technical difficulties related to the server, software, internet or any other online auction-related technologies, Aumann Auctions, Inc. reserve the right to extend bidding, continue the bidding, or close the bidding. Neither the company providing the software, nor Aumann Auctions, Inc. shall be held responsible for a missed bid or the failure of the software to function properly for any reason.
CONDUCT OF THE AUCTION: Conduct of the auction and increments of bidding are at the direction and discretion of Aumann Auctions, Inc. Aumann Auctions, Inc. reserves the right to reject any and all bids for any reason and also reserves the right to cancel this auction, or remove any item or lot from this auction prior to the close of bidding. All decisions of Aumann Auctions are final.
Your bid on this auction indicates both an understanding and an acceptance of the terms of this contractual agreement between yourself and both Aumann Auctions, Inc. and the Seller and that you, as the Bidder, are prepared to purchase items under these terms and conditions.
SELLER(S): Carolyn Luecke, 700 Rosella Pl., The Villages FL 32162